On this episode of Human Impact Ed talks to returning guest multi million selling author John David Mann and his wife Ana Gabriel Mann about their collaboration, the Go Giver Marriage, covering relationships, communication, the psychology of surviving trauma, our identity as adults the more we stay in one career and forget our true happiness.
And of course a mini-masterclass on writing fiction and developing characters.
- The Origins of the Go Giver in 2008, John being the New York King of writing Parables
- Wanting to co-author with Ana, always have collaborated before.
- Having 5 children between them and living with special needs, the origin of the characters in the book
- Holding the space for other people to grow and heal
- Grieving for the loss of a life you thought you would have and identity
- Discussing the Alchemist and the Little Prince
- Finding happiness internally and not through external achievements
- How to write fiction and fleshing out the psychology of the characters before you write a word
- How loneliness creeps into marriage and how the Go Giver is written from the soul.
- The importance of understanding our own ego in relationships, managing expectations in relationships
- unwinding co-dependence, anxiety and trauma
- why modern authors study scriptwriting and having stories within stories, as fiction is often written for tv audiences.
Contact John and Ana at
Ed Andrew is the host of Human Impact. Initially a lawyer in London Ed has for the past 20 years been a global entrepreneur. Ed is now one of the world's leading life coaches and business strategists helping people learn how to thrive at home and work.
“One of the great joys of a podcast is that people realise there are other people like them and at least once a week or once a day to do something out of the ordinary so that their life can have a new horizon - and that is what your program does"
SIR TIM SMIT - FOUNDER EDEN PROJECT
“I love your thinking, this is a great interview….we have never been asked that on a podcast before""
MARK VICTOR HANSEN AND CRYSTAL DWYER HANSEN
“Great podcast host! Prepared well for our conversation and asked relevant and interesting questions. Our conversation flowed very well. Highly recommended"
DR GLEB TSIPURSKY - ENTREPRENEUR, AUTHOR
“I had the honor of going on the Ed Andrew's podcast, as well as interviewing him on the Humans 2.0 podcast. Ed has the ability to penetrate an individual's perceptual apparatus to give them a glimpse of who THEY REALLY ARE which is a 21st-century superpower. I highly recommend checking out Ed's show and his consulting services"
MARK METRY - HOST HUMANS 2.0
“I have been interviewed on a number of podcasts recently and been intrigued by the different approaches the interviewers take. Some view it as a conversation, others an interrogation. This interview with Ed Andrew was definitely one of the more enjoyable ones!"
LESLEY ECCLES - FOUNDER RELISH, CO-FOUNDER FANDUEL
“I so appreciate you kind words and support, Ed. Your podcast taught both of my parents new things about me just by listening. Thanks for making it happen"
RICK SCOTT - #VEGANHOCKEYPLAYER, FOUNDER GREAT SCOTT PR
“You really held space and created a safe and open environment for me to share a vulnerable part of my path. I'm forever grateful for this and your friendship Ed. Cheers to slowing down and asking ourselves some powerful reflective questions."
MARC CHAMPAGNE - ENTREPRENEUR, HOST BEHIND THE HUMAN PODCAST